Monday, August 2, 2010

Sweet, sweet Summertime

It's August 2 and already in Michigan things have taken a magical turn.  They happen every time this year and I don't like it one bit.  It seems that immediately something in the air changes.  The sky looks different, the sun hangs in a different spot and the countdown to school starts.  The end of the lazy summer days are almost over.

I watched my boys (ages 11&12) play in the pool with the carefree attitude that one can only have at that age.  The chased, jumped, laughed, splashed and dodged the giant horseflies.  I sat in the sun listening to them with a smile on my face.  They know how to live in the moment and really experience what they're doing.  It made me realize that that is something that we seem to lose as we grow older, more stressed, busier, etc.  I'm trying to take a lesson from them today and bring more "zen" into my life and really live and appreciate what I'm doing.

And since the end of summer is so near, I plan on counting my blessings as I count down the days of summer.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment