Sunday, August 1, 2010

Leaving My Comfort Zone

Ok, it's day one for me for a lot of things.  I've decided to take my life back after being completely devoted (I mean lost) to  my husband, my kids, my dogs and pretty much at the whim of everyone but myself.  Somehow I've allowed myself to end up in this position.

First a little background, I had four kids in five years starting at age 29.  My thirties are a blur, my forties, I thought would be better, but here I am in my mid-40's overweight, stressed out and sick of it all.  This won't be easy as I've grown lazy about everything in my life lately.  But here's my declaration to make a change and start living my life and demanding that the people in my life realize that I am not their (unpaid) servant!

I'm hoping with this blog to share my life and reclaim my sense of self.  I need to lose weight, start exercising, stop drinking beer, damn that Wild Blue!!  Get our family budget balanced and perhaps find myself a part-time job.

I love to cook, hate to clean, hate to exercise, love to sew handbags and am a huge procrastinator.  I love to read historical fiction, The Young and The Restless and wish I was rich, skinny and beautiful.  So as you can see, it's going to be a long haul here.  I'm funny, in a Peter Griffin sort of way and even though I'm 45 (almost 46-Yikes!!) I still feel like a stranger to myself.  So pull up a chair and something to drink and hopefully you'll enjoy the ride that I'm trying to make of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment